Monday, September 14, 2009

Beautiful Wedding


My husband and I attended a beautiful wedding this weekend. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera (not unlike me at all), but I was able to get a few good pictures from my cell phone.

The bride and groom were my husband's cousin and his girlfriend of four years. They were married outdoors at the groom's parents house. The walkway was lined with pots of chrysanthemums, the minister was the same man who married the groom's parents 35 years ago and the best man was the groom's sister. The groom wore sandals, the bride's dress was made of deer hide (custom made by a woman who uses the hides of deer that are killed on the road) and the rain (as if on cue) stopped in time for the ceremony.

The reception was serenaded by the Manatawny Creek Ramblers (a local bluegrass band), the catered buffet included a pig roast (the unlucky pig was a corn-fed porker from a few towns up the road), the best man/woman gave a toast that left everyone misty-eyed, the wedding tent was in a field and the view was cornfields and sky.




I would say the event was as unique and wonderful as the couple themselves. It was a truly special day and I hope the first of many to come for this great couple. Congratulations Aleks & Mia 9-12-09!

1 comments:

Kimberly@PrettyPinkMomma said...

I love weddings! They are so much fun!